Grayson's birth story:
Grayson's due date was Sunday oct 5th, and I was dilated 3 cm but nothing was happening. A few little contractions throughout the week and lots of pelvic pressure, but that was it.
On Monday oct 6, I had my doc appt, which got moved a little earlier because he had two patients go into labor that day. That made me a little jealous, thinking I should be one of those patients but then thinking positively, it will happen soon. He said still dilated to 3 cm and was surprised I was still pregnant. We decided since the baby was big and I was dilated 3 cm, to get induced Wednesday. Although, I knew there was a chance I could go into labor before then, I figured like ellie, Grayson needed a kick start with being induced.
So I went home told Adam the news and my parents, my siblings, and his parents.
As I was walking around the block while Ellie tricycled (my daily exercise), I was joking with Adam's mom, Ann, that she would be getting the due date right since she predicted oct 8 because there would be a full moon. I told Adam I really wanted eggplant parmigiana that night as it was said to help someone art labor, however it didn't work with ellie.
After dinner, a little before 9pm, Jessica and I were watching the voice. I told her I think the baby kicked me really hard then I stood up and started leaking and said ' I think my water just broke.' I told Adam we had to call the doc as I started to gush out water which did fell like I was peeing all over myself. Contractions started and were 5 mins apart but not intense yet.
We went to the hospital and texted and called family, thinking he would be here Tuesday morning. My contractions started to get intense. The nurses checked me and I was about 5 cm. Within 20 mins my contractions were right on top of each other from 30 seconds to at most 2 minutes apart and very painful. I decided I definitely needed an epidural. The docs were 20 mins away and once I got the epidural I felt like I needed to start pushing but my doctor wasn't there yet so I had to hold him in and they checked me and I was fully dilated. Once my doctor was there I pushed for thirty minutes, and he was out.
I couldn't believe it was only 10:56. I just got to the hospital around 9:30. It went so fast! He is perfect! Our big guy weighed 9lbs 8 oz and 21 inches long. He looks a lot like Adam but also like Ellie when she was first born. We love him so much! Ellie loves helping and kissing him all the time. Here are some pictures of Grayson and the last ones are of Adam and Ellie.







No comments:
Post a Comment